We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Direct Support Professional Community Hab -Binghamton, N.Y.
Job Type: Service Worker
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Becky Butler
As a Day/Community Habilitator your primary role is to work with others with diverse backgrounds and/or developmental disabilities and assist them in becoming more integrated into the Community. Think about this: In this position you will utilize your communication and personal skills to help to empower people to reach their potential, complete exciting and fulfilling activities in the community, and lead an engaged life.
- Maintain the health and well-being of the people EPILEPSY-PRALID supports
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, money management skills and volunteer opportunities to ensure their goal plans are followed
- Transport people as directed
- Maintain accurate, up-dated charting and documentation per regulations
- Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
- Assist management with personal goal plans
- Attend staff meetings as directed to evaluate and promote effectiveness of both the specific program and the general program
- Promote workplace safety
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year experience in the human service field preferred
- Maintain a valid New York State driver's license; reliable transportation a must
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
At Epilepsy-Pralid Inc. (EPI), our mission is to be a successful partner for all individuals with epilepsy, developmental disabilities, or brain injuries as they strive to remove barriers to their personal fulfillments. EPI has an enduring legacy of partnering with those we serve, their families, and others in the community to provide education, training, advocacy, and tailored support solutions to meet the physical, behavioral, and social needs of each person who chooses our agency as a trusted resource. Our vision is for all individuals in our community with developmental disabilities or brain injuries to receive the support they need to live the life of their choosing.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623