We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Habilitation Coordinator- Syracuse, N.Y.
Job Type: Service Worker
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Emily Michaelson
Support people with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits. Oversees the day-to-day implementation of the Person Center Plans in the Community Habilitation Department. In coordination with other providers, coordinates the development and implementation of the Person Center Plans and provides training and support to the Program Manager. Ensures quality and Medicaid Compliance standards are met.
• Assist in training DSPs on how to implement person centered plans
• Assist in training DSPs on proper documentation of daily and monthly person centered plans
• Creates the person center plan of in collaboration with the person supported and supervisor.
• Creates individualized safeguards for the health and safety of the person supported
• Ensures implementation of plans to achieve valued outcomes.
• Assures the timely and accurate completion of plans for people receiving services
• Observes people supported, reviews data and progress, and revises the plans based on individual need and performance.
• Will maintain a tracking system of due dates for individual person centered plans.
• Hires staff. Use progressive disciplinary action when needed.
• Assures all record keeping and documentation requirements are completed timely to meet billing, quality and Medicaid Compliance standards.
• Acts as a member of the team for each person assigned by participating in the ISP meetings to evaluate and discuss services provided.
• Consults with Program Manager to ensure consistency of services.
• Serves as a positive role model for all people supported and other staff. Interacts with others in a way which will assist the people supported in developing behaviors, skills, and attitudes necessary for successful community living. Maintains neat appearance, hygiene and grooming. Promotes positive respectful interactions with DSPs and people receiving services.
• Performs all other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent minimum. Bachelor Degree preferred in a related field and two-year experience in the human service field, or
- an Associate’s Degree in a related field and 4 years’ experience in human service field.
• Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
• Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623