We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Habilitation Coordinator- Syracuse, N.Y.
Job Type: Administrative
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
Oversees the day-to-day implementation of the Habilitation/Goal plans in the Self-Direction Department. In cooperation with other providers, coordinates the development and implementation of the Habilitation Plans and provides training and support to Program Managers, Supervisors, and Habilitation staff. Ensures quality and Medicaid Compliance standards are met.
• Trains and mentors Habilitation Coordinator/Program Manager/Supervisors on how to develop effective plans.
• Creates the Individual plans of Consumers in collaboration with Habilitation Coordinator/Supervisors/Habilitation staff.
• Ensures implementation of plans to achieve valued outcomes.
• Assures the timely and accurate completion of plans for individuals receiving services.
• Observes individuals, reviews data and progress, and revises the plans based on individual need and performance.
• Will maintain an electronic spreadsheet of due dates for individual goal plans.
• Ensures follow-up to recommendations for services, equipment or programs when indicated.
• Ensures that adequate environmental supports and assistive devices are present to promote independence.
• Assures all record keeping and documentation requirements are completed timely to meet billing, quality and Medicaid Compliance standards.
• Acts as a member of the team for each individual assigned by participating in the ISP meetings to evaluate and discuss services provided.
• Consults with Program Managers/Supervisors to ensure consistency of services.
• Serves as a positive role model for consumers and other staff. Interacts with others in a way which will assist individuals in developing behaviors, skills, and attitudes necessary for successful community living. Maintains neat appearance, hygiene and grooming. Promotes positive respectful interactions with support staff and individuals served.
• Performs all other duties as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field and two years’ experience in the human service field OR a 2-year degree in a related field and 4 years’ experience in human service
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
• Prior Medisked/database experience is preferred.
• Valid New York State drivers license and have reliable transportation to get to work location.
• Become medication certified and be trained in all required training within 90 days of being hired.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Maintain current certifications with all required trainings.
• Must become van certified.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623