We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: HR Specialist- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Adminstration
Department: Human Resources
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
Partner with the Director, HR, other agency leaders, and external vendors as appropriate, to develop, implement, and administer programs, policies, and procedures that are aligned with agency culture, facilitate sustainable business results, and ensure compliance with employment laws and internal policies. The HR department is primarily responsible for enabling a prepared workforce by developing high-performing leaders, placing the right staff in the right roles, and ensuring that all employees are properly skilled and trained to perform the duties of their position in order to meet the current and future needs of the agency and those the agency serves.
• Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion concerning personnel actions including but not limited to payroll, benefits and employee relations matters.
• Be a role model in terms of policy compliance, workplace safety, judicious use of financial resources, and constructive working relationships with colleagues.
• In partnership with applicable vendors, fulfill all reporting requirements to ensure compliance with all relevant government rules and regulations, including annual discrimination testing. Partner with vendors to research and respond to employee inquiries in a timely and customer-oriented manner.
• Ensure effective (timely, respectful, etc.) communication between HR and other internal departments as well as external vendors in order to maintain accuracy and compliance within databases and benefit programs. Act as Liaison with Finance department specific to ensuring status changes are accurate and complete to feed the payroll and benefit reporting functions.
• Accountable for day to day leave management/injury and illness/worker’s compensation reporting.
• Create and maintain electronic employee data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Perform timely data entry of new employees, status changes, and terminations in the HRIS. Provide statistical data and reports as appropriate or requested.
• Serve as part of the team that administers the annual performance review process to include preparation of electronic process and forms, communication to agency leadership, etc.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources functions.
• Provide input and assistance in development, implementation, and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable laws and funder regulations. Streamline and document key HR processes, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement and revising as necessary. Conduct internal and external benchmarking to support recommendation and implementation of new or revised programs or procedures.
• May serve on established and/or ad hoc agency committees or project teams as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
• 3 years of experience in HR or related functions.
• Valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
• Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication skills; must be detailed oriented, able to multitask and make decisions independently.
• Professional demeanor in dealing with others (both internal and external customers and colleagues); maintain constructive working relationships.
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• Complete required training within 90 days of being hired.
• Maintain current certifications with all required trainings.
• Must be receptive to feedback; willing and interested in continuous improvement and development.
• Able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623