We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Director, Development and Marketing- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Management
Department: Development and Marketing
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. (EPI) and our 650+ employees provide support to over 6,000 people within the Rochester, Binghamton, & Syracuse regions. Reporting directly to the EPI President, you will play a key ambassador and leadership role to ensure EPI’s brand, mission, and impact to the community are known and understood by current and potential stakeholders including board members, donors, partners/vendors, referral agents, regulators, employees, caregivers, guardians, and people supported. Your strategic contribution in this area will position EPI to thrive in a changing environment and fulfill its mission of successfully partnering with all individuals with developmental or acquired brain conditions as they strive to remove barriers to their personal fulfillment.
Job purpose and responsibilities
The primary purpose of this position is to create and implement fundraising and marketing strategies that will enable EPI to achieve the following priority objectives:
• Investment in projects not covered by Medicaid dollars – the realization of growth opportunities and innovative ideas that reinforce EPI’s person-centered approach and enable more people to live the life of their choosing.
• Financial security that will allow the Agency to better weather the inherent uncertainty of a constantly changing environment.
Specific goals and job responsibilities:
• DEVELOPMENT: Increase unrestricted development revenue and build stronger donor relationships through authentic engagement and effective execution.
• Cultivate and develop positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Lead private and corporate donors through enjoyable, well-managed cultivation events including our annual gala, the Chocolate Ball.
• Deliver well-deserved appreciation for the generosity of our supporters.
• Leverage strong computer and analytical skills to ensure accuracy and consistency of internal donor/sponsor records and produce meaningful reports.
• MARKETING: Develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies that support program operations, donor engagement, and event initiatives.
• Facilitate a comprehensive assessment of the need to refresh EPI’s current brand, considering input from internal and external stakeholders. Create and execute a plan to make any resulting changes.
• Communicate compelling stories from people supported that highlight the positive steps on their journey to live the life of their choosing.
• GRANTS: Selectively pursue meaningful grants that support our most important initiatives.
Other expectations/duties at the Director level:
• Lead, develop, and empower staff members to set and achieve reasonably challenging goals; provide timely and relevant feedback to reinforce accountability for performance, results, and behaviors. Your team includes two direct reports: Manager, Development and Manager, Marketing, and two indirect reports: Marketing Specialist and Development Intern.
• Create program/department budget specific to area of responsibility and take actions to maintain spending within assigned budget.
• Maintain awareness of factors in the external environment that represent opportunities and/or risks for the agency; formulate, recommend, and implement plans as necessary to address these factors.
• Represent area(s) of responsibility at meetings of the Board of Directors as requested.
• You have a Master’s Degree with minimum three years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree with minimum five years of relevant experience, which must include experience leading and managing a team.
• You have solid development and marketing expertise that will enable you to quickly make positive, strategic, and sustainable impact.
• You have many established connections (with businesses, foundations, and individuals) in the Rochester community and are eager to expand and strengthen these relationships.
• You have a reputation for excellent communication in all forms, the discerning ability to prioritize, and the tenacity to follow through on commitments, all the while delighting everyone with whom you interact.
• You have demonstrated technology proficiency including comfort with Microsoft Office, and are capable of quickly learning new software and applications.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623