We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Community Habilitation Coordinator-Syracuse, N.Y.
Job Type: Administration
Department: Community Hab
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
Oversees the day-to-day implementation of the Staff Action Plans in the Community/ Day Habilitation Departments. In cooperation with other providers, coordinates the development and implementation of the Staff Action Plans and provides training and support to Program Managers, Supervisors, and Direct Support Professionals. Ensures quality and Medicaid Compliance standards are met.
• Trains and mentors Direct Support Professionals on how to implement effective Staff Action Plans.
• Creates Staff Action Plans in collaboration with person’s supported/ advocates, direct support professionals.
• Ensures implementation of Staff Action Plans to achieve valued outcomes.
• Assures the timely and accurate completion of Staff Action Plans for person’s receiving supports.
• Observes person’s supported, reviews data and progress, and revises the Staff Action Plans based on individual need and performance.
• Will maintain an electronic spreadsheet of due dates for Staff Action Plans.
• Assures all record keeping and documentation requirements are completed timely to meet billing, quality and Medicaid Compliance standards.
• Acts as a member of the team for each person supported by participating in Life Plan meetings to evaluate and discuss services provided.
• Consults with Program Managers/Supervisors to ensure consistency of services.
• Serves as a positive role model for person’s supported and other staff. Interacts with others in a way which will assist person’s in developing behaviors, skills, and attitudes necessary for successful community living. Maintains neat appearance, hygiene and grooming. Promotes positive respectful interactions with direct support professionals and person’s supported.
• Performs all other duties as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field and two years’ experience in the human service field OR a 2-year degree in a related field and 4 years’ experience in human service or high school degree with 4 years’ experience in a related field.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
• Prior Medisked/database experience is preferred.
• Valid New York State drivers license and have reliable transportation to get to work location.
• Become medication certified and be trained in all required training within 90 days of being hired.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Maintain current certifications with all required trainings.
• Must become van certified.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623