We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: HR Manager- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Management
Department: Human Resources
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. is committed to ensuring persons supported live the life of their choosing. We are able to accomplish this by hiring the right person for the right position. We employ nearly 700 people in Rochester, Syracuse and Binghamton, New York areas. EPI serves 22 counties in New York State: Monroe, Wayne, Ontario, Wyoming, Livingston, Yates, Seneca, Schuyler, Steuben, Chemung, Onondaga, Madison, Cayuga, Oneida, Oswego, Cortland, Chenango, Tompkins, Delaware, Otsego, Tioga and Broome. The HR Manager will provide leadership for human resources (HR) reporting to the Director of Human Resources. Leading a team of at least four direct reports, the HR Manager will ensure day to day operations of the HR function are ethically conducted with professionalism and accountability.
Responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Build credible and collaborative relationships with staff in the advancement of employee relations upholding policies and procedures consistent with agency goals.
- Leadership aptitude required; Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Contribute to programs that enhance employee engagement: Service Awards, Anniversary Recognition Event, etc.
- Analyze wage survey data in conjunction with the HR Director and makes recommendations.
- Review all exit interview reports and compiles reports based on data. Makes recommendations to decrease turnover.
- Manage a team of at least four direct reports.
- Manage the consistent review of policies and procedures as well as coordinate the required updates and implementation/roll-out. Ensure consistent delivery of human resource daily functions in support of agency initiatives.
- Serve on appropriate agency committees (Policy and Procedures, Employee Engagement, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with PHR/SPHR certification and 3-5 years of leadership experience in Human Resources management preferred or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Problem solving – ability to identify issues, develop solutions and deliver messages
- Strong orientation to building work environments that drive and support employee engagement as well as team building and relationship management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a growing environment with a record of contributing to a variety of diverse cross business projects or initiatives.
- Self-directed and independent professional
- Proven ability in the following key competencies: Building effective relationships, resourcefulness, creative problem solving, influencing, decision-making, business acumen, advanced written & verbal communication skills, facilitation & coaching, conflict resolution, and project management.
- Solid Knowledge of HR laws and best practices.
- A Valid NYS Driver’s License is required.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623