We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Broker- Syracuse, N.Y.
Job Type: Administrative
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Amy Rivera
A broker assists persons with developmental disabilities to develop their Self-Direction budget while also utilizing a circle of support and a person-centered approach. The broker is also expected to work with Care Managers/Coordinators, Fiscal Intermediaries, and other service providers. The Broker is required to be flexible with scheduling of meeting times. Travel within the counties of Onondaga, Oswego, Cayuga, Oneida, Madison, Cortland, Tompkins, Broome, and Chenango is also required.
• Assist person with start up and support broker services; includes developing the initial Self-Direction budget.
• Monitor Self-Direction budget to include yearly rollover of budget and additional changes needed throughout the year.
• Assist person with recruiting, hiring, and training of self-hired staff.
• Completes all Staff Action Plans in accordance with OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) regulations.
• Completes all documentation as required per Broker ADM overseen by OPWDD.
• Attends and facilitates, when applicable, all Circle of Support meetings as required by OPWDD.
• Acts as a member of the circle of Support by participating in Life Plan meetings.
• Attends at OPWDD mandated trainings as required. 12 hours of specified trainings is required each year, per OPWDD regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma or GED with 2 years’ experience in human service field.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 1-year experience in human service field.
• Knowledge of electronic record keeping system a plus.
• Proficient in computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Valid New York State license required.
• Must be able to read, write, speak English.
• Maintain current certification with all required trainings.
• Must have access to reliable personal transportation.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623