We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Self Hire Direct Support Professional Com. Hab./Respite-Syracuse, N.Y.
Job Type: Worker
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Tiara Benion
Seeking an energetic, strong, kind individual willing to work with a young male adult. He is high functioning with Down Syndrome who wishes to live safely, happily and independently.. This individual will work directly one-on-one in the community with him. Responsibilities include:
● Development and implementation of the Community Habilitation Staff Action Plan.
● Companion him on social outings and take him to different activities.
● Documentation of daily and monthly progress.
● Assuming driving responsibilities when necessary.
The successful candidate must possess effective coaching and communication skills, Speak English,respect confidentiality, and be personable.
The current rate of pay is $16.00 up to 39 hours per week. Pay increase will be depending on the performance. Some benefits (PTO, holidays) are available. Training will be provided. The schedule would be somewhat flexible scheduling depending on your availability (weekdays or weekends). A high-school diploma or GED is required. College degree is preferred. Experience working with those with developmental disabilities is preferred but not required.
Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel (mileage and staff activity fees are reimbursed). A background check and fingerprinting are required. The candidate must apply through the Fiscal Intermediary agency and adhere to their policies and procedures.
Job Type: Part-Time
• Direct Support Professional: 6 months (Preferred)
• Syracuse, NY (Required) – travel to locations outside of the family home would be expected.
• Morning (Required)
• Mid-Day (Required)
• Evening (Required))
Hours per week:
• 15- 30 hours
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends (Possible)
• Day shift
• 4-5 hour-long shifts
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623