We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Self Hire Direct Support Professional Com. Hab./Respite-Geneva, N.Y.
Job Type: Worker
Department: Self Direction
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Tyler Hurlbutt
Working under the overall direction of the Individual and their Circle of Support. The Self Hired Community Habilitation Assistant provides training to individual consumers in the activities of daily living skills, appropriate social skills, and on an individual basis.
- Provides training and support to individual in knowing and understanding social situations and understanding relationships. Will role-play and model with individual interaction to initiate and maintain relationships. Staff will assist the individual with engaging socially.
- Provide assistance with advocating for self and communicating in a positive manner.
- Provide assistance/training for individual with money skills, budgeting and examining if the individual has the correct amount of money for shopping and assist individual with making payments. Assist individual with managing his money through banking skills (for example deposits and withdrawals) and online banking.
- Provide assistance to individual in learning independent living skills with cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Assist individual in accessing recreational and social activities, thus enabling them to utilize their leisure time appropriately. Assist with attending recreational and social activities. Individual enjoys accessing the local library, learning about cultures, historical events/activities, going to local festivals, state parks and attending both movie and theatrical events.
- Provides assistance and training to program participants to help them develop necessary problem solving skills which will enable them to better function in their community living situation.
- Accompanies individual to locations in the community to help them access and use an exercise program. Assist individual with choosing an exercise program that they are interested in and help to engage in the exercise program.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related field and two years’ experience in the human service field OR a 2-year degree in a related field and 4 years’ experience in the human service field OR High School Diploma and 5 years’ experience in the human service field.
- Knowledge of community resources and means of accessing these resources.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Demonstrates basic reasoning and writing skills.
- Preferred experience working with individuals with disabilities providing habilitation or rehabilitation and independent living skills training.
$20/hr. to start depending on experience.
Part-time position, 21 hours a week. There is room for growth in hours of service
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623