We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Respite Team Lead- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Worker
Department: Community Hab
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Dayna Wells
Respite service focuses on assistance and/or relief for children/youth with disabilities (developmental, physical and/or behavioral), and family/caregivers which can be provided in a planned mode or delivered in a crisis environment. Respite workers supervise the child/youth and engage the child in activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
- Maintain the health and well-being of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills to ensure individuals’ goal plans are followed; transport individuals as directed
- Maintain accurate, up-dated charting and documentation per regulations
- Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
- Attend staff meetings as directed to evaluate and promote effectiveness of both the individual program and the general program
- Promote workplace safety
- Supervise the child and engage the child in recreational activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
- Provide individual and group recreational activities.
- Other duties assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent; one-year experience in the human service field preferred.
- Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job \
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include -Close vision -Ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R), CPR and first aid
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623