We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Quality Improvement Specialist/Investigator- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Worker
Department: Quality Improvement
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Yvette Hansen
Under the direction of the Quality Improvement Associate Director, investigate all incidents and allegations of abuse, follow up with the immediate and long-term corrective actions necessary to ensure individual protection, identify trends and make every effort to take measures necessary to prevent re-exposure to the same or similar risk. In addition to completing investigative reports, presents investigation to Incident Review Committee and performs such duties as training and audits as necessary. Capable of managing highly confidential and sensitive information, as well as interacting with all levels of internal staff within the organization. Independent judgment and decision-making are required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
· Maintain the health and wellbeing of the individuals
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Serves through conducting and documenting thorough and objective incident investigations
· Compile necessary data to meet Agency and regulatory body reporting requirements, including maintaining current QA records (electronic and hard copy)
· Assist with development and enforcement of QA and other Agency policies and procedures
· Provide staff education and training regarding incident and abuse reporting, investigations, rights, and related areas
· Promote workplace safety
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of relevant work experience in health care and human services -- preferred
· At least two years of experience conducting program audits and/or incident or abuse investigations in an OPWDD &/or DOH setting -- preferred
· Other combinations of relevant education and experience will be considered
· Completion of Basic Investigative Training; Completion of Advanced Investigative Training (or equivalent) preferred; must be willing to complete Agency-required training specific to the job
· Working knowledge of OPWDD and/or DOH TBI & NHTD Waiver regulations
· Have a valid New York State drivers’ license and a vehicle upon hire and throughout employment
· Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information; Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Must have experience using MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and the Internet
· Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
· Able to establish priorities and meet deadlines while multi-tasking
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demands independently
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623