We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: Quality Improvement Manager- Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Admin
Department: Quality Improvement
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Yvette Hansen
The Quality Improvement Manager will, directly or through team members he/she will supervise, investigate all incidents and allegations of abuse, follow up with the immediate and long-term corrective actions necessary to insure individual protection, identify trends and make every effort to take measures necessary to prevent re-exposure to the same or similar risk. In addition to completing investigative reports, presents investigation to Incident Review Committee. The Manager will also plan and conduct proactive internal audits and provide guidance to colleagues that will ensure fulfillment of the agency's mission to help people live the life of their choosing, as well as compliance with OMIG billing standards.
Under the direction of the Compliance Officer, completes issue report and privacy concern investigation process. Review and track all agency complaints, compliance issues, privacy concerns, and voided claim reports. Secure necessary follow-up from the COO, CFO, President or Designee(s). Conduct monthly training for all staff in the areas of Abuse Identification, HIPAA & Compliance.
Be an ambassador for people who receive services from EPI. Provide support for agency staff working to provide person-centered services. Facilitate planning and implementation of objectives defined as part of EPI’s membership of Council on Quality in Leadership (CQL).
- Capable of managing highly confidential and sensitive information, as well as interacting with all levels of internal staff within the organization
- Independent judgment and decision-making are required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Objectively and confidentially complete audits and investigations
- Compile necessary data to meet Agency and regulatory body reporting requirements, including maintaining current QI records (electronic and hard copy)
- Assist with development and enforcement of QI and other Agency policies and procedures
- Provide staff education and training regarding compliance, abuse prevention and identification, reporting and related areas
- Promote workplace safety
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of relevant work experience in health care and human services -- preferred
- At least two years of experience conducting program audits and/or incident or abuse investigations in an OPWDD &/or DOH setting -- preferred
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Other combinations of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Completion of Basic Investigative Training; Completion of Advanced Investigative Training (or equivalent) preferred; must be willing to complete Agency-required training specific to the job
- Working knowledge of OPWDD and/or DOH TBI & NHTD Waiver regulations
- Have a valid New York State drivers’ license and a vehicle upon hire and throughout employment
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information; Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Must have demonstrated ability to hold oneself and others accountable for 1) effective interactions and communication with individuals at all levels of the organization and 2) timely and accurate completion of job responsibilities and progress on annual goals
- Must have experience using MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- This position requires strong writing skill including continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks and demands and consistently meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to travel within Rochester/Syracuse/Binghamton areas to accomplish required tasks; may require occasional overnight travel.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623