We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: #31587 Self-Hire Com Hab/Respite Assistant-Rochester, N.Y
Job Type: worker
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Rachel Accas
Working under the overall direction of the person supported and their Circle of Support, the Self Hired Community Habilitation Assistant provides training to person in the activities of independent living skills, being involved in community life and exploring options in areas of my interests.
1. Provide assistance with advocating for self and communicating in a positive manner.
2. Provide assistance/training for the person supported with money skills, budgeting and examining if the individual has the correct amount of money for shopping and assist the person supported with making payments. Assist individual with managing his money through banking skills (for example deposits and withdrawals) and online banking.
3. Provide assistance to individual in learning independent living skills with cooking, cleaning, creating a personal care routine, etc.
4. Assist individual in accessing recreational and social activities, thus enabling them to utilize their leisure time appropriately. Assist with attending recreational and social activities. Assist the person supported to become and stay engaged in activity. Assist the person with networking within the community to make contacts with others who have the same interests and goals.
5. Accompanies the person your supporting to locations in the community to help them access and use an exercise program. Assist the person with choosing an exercise program that they are interested in and help to engage in the exercise program.
SUPERVISED BY: The person your supporting, their parent and Circle of Support
1. Minimum of high school diploma for education.
2. Knowledge of community resources and means of accessing these resources.
3. Valid NYS driver’s license.
4. Demonstrates basic reasoning and writing skills.
5. Preferred experience working with individuals with disabilities providing habilitation or rehabilitation and independent living skills training.
6. Preferred experience working with an older teenager/young adult.
BENEFITS: $15/hr. for community habilitation to start depending on experience. $12/hr. for respite to start depending on experience.
HOURS OF SERVICE: Part-time position, 10 hours a week for community habilitation and 5 hours a week for respite. There is room for growth in hours of service and pay rate.
LOCATION: The person your supporting is interested in pursuing activities in the Lyons and Geneva area.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623