We accept applications for open positions. We don’t keep resumes on file, so please resubmit your resume for any new position you qualify for. We are an equal opportunity employer.Title: HR Generalist/Recruiter-Rochester, N.Y.
Job Type: Admin
Department: Human Resources
Online Application: Click Here
Contact Person: Tiara Benion
The HR department is primarily responsible for enabling a prepared workforce by developing high-performing leaders, placing the right staff in the right roles, and ensuring that all employees are properly skilled and trained to perform the duties of their position in order to meet the current and future needs of the agency and those the agency serves. The recruiter will facilitate EPI’s recruiting and selection process. Hiring the right staff in the right positions enables EPI to provide the person-centered support people need to live the life of their choosing.
• Take full ownership for the recruiting and selection process at EPI. Ensure the process is effective and followed consistently. Fill each open position quickly with a capable and motivated candidate who is a good fit for the position, people supported, work team, and EPI overall.
• Partner with hiring managers to determine appropriate qualifications for open positions.
• Author or co-author (with hiring manager) and advertise compelling job postings that will attract qualified candidates.
• Oversee every aspect of the candidate experience to reinforce EPI’s desired culture and enhance EPI’s reputation in the community.
• Streamline and document key HR processes related to recruiting and selection, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement and revising as necessary. Conduct internal and external bench marking to support recommendation and implementation of new or revised programs or procedures.
• Always deliver top-notch customer service while maintaining professional composure .
•Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources functions. Provide input and assistance in development, implementation, and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable laws and funder regulations.
• Be a role model in terms of policy compliance, workplace safety, judicious use of financial resources, and constructive working relationships with colleagues.
• Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion concerning personnel actions.
• Maintain various tracking documents in support of department processes, following up as necessary with appropriate stakeholders.
• May serve on established and/or ad hoc agency committees or project teams as requested.
• All other duties as assigned – may be asked to assist in other HR functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field (willing to consider a combination of experience and education for qualified candidates).
• 1-3 years’ professional experience in related role. HR experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills including both oral and written communication skills.
• Time management and priority setting: strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Composure: Can be counted on to hold things together during busy/stressful times.
• Consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Creative, resourceful and self-motivated.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• HRIS/ADP proficiency is a plus. • Human services/health care experience is a plus.
• Some local travel may be required (less than 15%).
• Excellent organizational skills; must be detailed oriented, able to multitask and make decisions independently.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Confident, effective presentation skills.
• Professional demeanor in dealing with others (both internal and external customers and colleagues); maintain constructive working relationships.
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• Complete required training within 90 days of being hired.
• Maintain current certifications with all required training's.
• Must be receptive to feedback; willing and interested in continuous improvement and leadership development.
• Willing to travel as needed and accommodate flexible schedule and priorities.
• Valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job.
• Able to proficiently read, write, and speak English.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer and move 50 lbs
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
Apply in person Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm.
You may also apply by fax or email.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623