EPI offers Community Habilitation services to children and adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
Community Habilitation is an OPWDD program that provides one-to-one support to help people with disabilities acquire, retain, and improve the skills needed to live as independently as possible. The program is tailored to each person’s goals and interests. Community Habilitation’s support and activities are designed to foster socialization, self-help, and adaptive skills necessary to live successfully in the community. Specific goals may include:
- Improving problem solving skills
- Developing decision making and coping skills
- Fostering social skills and positive interaction with others
- Improving communication skills and anger management
- Increasing independent living skills, such as cooking, shopping, housekeeping, and personal hygiene
The services can be provided in the person’s own home or in community settings. Our Community Habilitation team works with the person supported and, if applicable, their family to truly create a flexible schedule of activities based on the interests, goals and preferences of the person supported.
- Eligible for OPWDD services
- May live either independently in the community, with a family member, in an OPWDD certified setting, or in a Community Residence or Family Care Home.
EPI provides Community Habilitation in Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Ontario, Onondaga, Broome, Tioga and Chenango Counties.
For more information, please EMAIL: email@example.com.
We are here to help. Get in touch with us if you have questions, need assistance or more information.
Phone (585) 442-6420