One in 26 Challenge
October 1 – 26, 2023
Thank you!! With over 270 participants, this year’s One in 26 Challenge raised over $40,000 in support of epilepsy programs and services.
Save the dates for the 2024 kick-off events:
– October 5 in Syracuse
– October 6 in Rochester
Presented by Integrated Systems
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that one in 26 people will develop epilepsy? It’s an incredible statistic that illustrates just how common this condition really is. Yet so many people know little to nothing about it and social stigmas continue to exist. This October, EPI is raising money for and awareness about epilepsy through the One in 26 Challenge. Join us!
Click here for a printable version of this page.
Ages 13+: $26 | Ages 3-12: $15 | Under 3: Free
Don’t forget, your registration includes an ALL DAY PASS to the farm site of the kick-off event you attend!
Participants have 26 days (October 1 – 26) to run, walk, bike or otherwise complete 26 miles. You’re invited to join us to start this challenge at two different kick-off events in Syracuse and Rochester.
Participation is easy and you have a lot of options!
- Individual Participation: Sign up as an individual participant and ask people to support your efforts. (You don’t need to create or join a team).
- Team Participation: Sign up and create a team, inviting people to join your team. People may give to you and/or your team directly without signing up as a participant.
- Join a Team: Sign up as an individual participant and join an existing team.
- Donate: Give directly to an individual participant and/or an existing team without signing up as an individual participant. This option works well for friends and family who are unable to walk, run or bike 26 miles but would like to support others who do.
Rochester and Syracuse Kick-Off Date: Sunday, October 1, 2023
But wait, there’s more! Join us on October 1 for Kick-Off Events in Rochester or Syracuse at local family farms. We’ll complete the first mile as a group and you are welcome to stay and enjoy farm activities because your registration includes and ALL DAY PASS to the farm!
- Rochester Kick-Off Location: Wickham Farms, 1315 Sweet Corners Road, Penfield NY
- Syracuse Kick-Off Location: Abbott Farms, 3275 Cold Springs Road, Baldwinsville, NY
Schedule of events for both Kick-Off Days:
- 8:00 am: Registration
- 9:00 am: One-mile walk
- 10:00 am: Your registration ticket includes an ALL DAY PASS for the farm site of the kick-off event you attend. Stay as long as you like and enjoy some fall fun! Take photos and post on social media using #OneIn26EPI.
COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE!
Take it one mile a day or breeze through several miles at a time. Walk, run, bike, ride, swim, roll, skate… how you complete 26 miles is up to you! Check out our website and social media for weekly group walk opportunities!
Track Your Miles
Click here to download the mileage tracking form.
Share Your Progress on Social Media
Celebrate your daily progress on social media, tag #Onein26EPI and get the chance to win awesome weekly prizes!
Presenting Sponsor: $5,000*
Marathon Sponsor: $3,000
Endurance Sponsor: $2,500
Sprint Sponsor: $2,000
Trot Sponsor: $1,500
Jog Sponsor: $1,000
Walk Sponsor: $500
We need some super star volunteers to help with set-up, check-in, and clean-up. Call time is 6:30 am and you’ll be done by 10:00 am. Click here to sign up. Contact Jill Johnson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Jill Johnson at email@example.com or (310) 995-6810.